- Island in the Mediterranean Sea
- Major Language: Greek
- Area: 9,251sq km
- Population: 1.2 mil
- GDP: USD 31.1 bil
- GDP per capita: USD 36,600
- Cyprus joined the EU in 2004 and adopted euro in 2008
- The economy of the country is dominated by tourism, finance, shipping and real estate
- Cyprus suffered heavily from the global financial crisis due to high exposure to Greek Government Bonds
- Nevertheless, Cyprus emerged from recession in 2015, with current growth of around 3.5%
The citizenship program that allows to acquire EU passport within 6 months. Special structure of the investment allows to acquire 4-5% annual return on 2mil EUR invested in the fund for the renovation of the hotels in Cyprus.
Total investment of 2.5mil EUR consisting of the following parts:
- EUR 2 mil investment in the commercial real estate fund (with 4-5% annual return);
- EUR 2 mil investment in creation or participation in Cypriot companies;
- EUR 2 mil investment in financial assets of Cypriot companies;
Purchase of a property with a minimal price of EUR 500,000.
The above-mentioned fees do not include the additional administrative fees of EUR 100,000 for due diligence and processing the applicant’s documents.
The passport is acquired within 6-9 months.
Moderate due diligence process.
- Fastest way to acquire the EU passport;
- The fund offers 10-12% IRR during 5 years on 2 mil EUR investment;
- Opportunity to live and work in the EU and EEA states;
- Simplified procedure of obtaining a 10-year US visa;
- Financial privacy and effective tax planning;
- Low tuition rates at the universities of the EU area for your children;
- Much less strict due diligence when compared to the procedure of acquisition of Maltese passport
- No language test.
- Relatively high investment is required to obtain the passport;
- Visa is still required for the US (even though the procedure is simplified).