Russian expats planning to move to Malta often have in mind the beautiful scenery and quiet life but also the tax-friendly, politically stable and growing investment opportunities.
In Malta there are several ways for Russian individuals to obtain citizenship.
EU citizens may apply for citizenship after a period of 6 years of residing in Malta, whereas Russians (non EU citizens) have to reside in the country for 18 years before applying.
Malta has established the Individual Investor Programme in 2014. The individuals applying for this programme should meet certain criteria.
Integritas Group, a well-established firm in the corporate services and the residence/citizenship by investment sector, is committed to providing you with professional guidance.
Advantages of a Maltese passport for Russian expats
- A high standard of living
- Safety and stability, with Malta having the lowest crime rate in Europe
- Freedom of travel. According to the Visa Restriction Index, as of May 2018 the Maltese passport ranked as the 7th in the world with access to 182 countries and territories (including USA, UK)
- Free and high-quality healthcare and education
- Opportunity to reside permanently in any EU country
- Fast acquisition of Citizenship
- Friendly weather conditions 365 days a year
- Anonymity (Maltese Government does not indicate the method of obtaining citizenship)
- Economy is currently facing an unprecedented growth so investment climate is healthy
- Citizenship for lifetime for your family since it can be inherited
Citizenship by Investment Programme (CBI) is gaining popularity and a large number of Russian citizens have been revealed on the Government’s list of new citizens. The Russians are seeking a tax-friendly, safe and quiet environment for themselves and their family.
By investing in a second citizenship Malta can also offer protection to their finances.
Eligibility for Individual Investor Programme for Russian nationals
Individuals can not apply themselves and applications should be filed through an accredited agent.
Integritas Group is an accredited agent authorized to submit the application form for the Individual Investor Programme on behalf of the applicants and assist with the process of applying for citizenship in Malta.
Russian applicants should meet some criteria for the Individual Investor Programme:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- They need to be covered by an international health insurance policy to prove they don’t suffer from any contagious disease
- Have a clean criminal record as Malta will carry out an elaborate check with the Interpol
- Must be financially stable to provide the mandatory contribution to the Malta Government as follows:
- 650000 € for the main applicant
- 25000 € for the spouse
- 25000 € for each child under the age of 18
- 50000 € for each child over the age of 18 and other adult family member
Responsibilities as Maltese Citizen
A new citizenship comes with responsibilities and an important factor in developing as a new citizen.
Any new citizen of Malta is bound to respect and abide by the Constitution of Malta and its laws.
In the event that a Maltese citizen is tax registered in Malta, taxes should be paid regularly on an annual basis and s/he should exercise their right to vote.
The 122 square miles island of Malta, south of Sicily, is relying on the beautiful sea and climate. With the introduction of the Individual Investor Programme, Malta was put on the world map as one of the most desirable destinations for residency and citizenship.