The Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment Programme is replacing the Individual Investor Programme (IIP) as a new residence programme leading to citizenship. The Maltese programme is known to be on of the most highly regarded and exclusive. This powerful citizenship by investment program grants you the right to live, work, study and set up business in 27 EU countries together with visa-free travel rights to more than 180 countries.
The existing Malta Individual Investor Program (MIIP) has been completely revisited, and below are the details about the new Malta Citizenship by Direct Investment programme that has now replaced the previous Citizenship Program.
Under the new scheme, applicants can opt for residence in Malta, leading to citizenship choosing between two options.
- An individual can apply for citizenship after one year of residence in Malta; or
- Decide for the option of three years of residence in Malta for a lower contribution fee.
It is important to note that a maximum quota of 400 applicants per year will be accepted with a total maximum number of applicants set at 1,500 for the entire scheme.
|Part-payment of the non-refundable deposit||Residence permit||Residency Card|
Eligibility - Eligibility Payment Request Voucher (EPRV) Stage
|Due Diligence Fee||Administrative Fee|
Citizenship Stage - Investment Request Voucher (IRV)
|Exceptional Direct Investment||Administrative Fee|
|Applicant||€590,000 (36 Months Residency)||€5,000|
|€740,000 (Less than 36 Months Residency)|
|Applicant||* Purchase an immovable residential property in Malta||€700,000|
|* Take on a lease of residential immovable property in Malta||€16,000|
(*) - To be retained for a minimum period of 5 years from the date of issue of the certificate of citizenship
|Applicant||Donation to a registered philanthropic, cultural, sport, scientific, animal welfare or artistic non-governmental organisation or society, or as otherwise approved by the Agency.
For increased transparency, agents should refrain from suggesting to their clients voluntary organisations in which the agent’s shareholders or directors are involved.
Eligibility Criteria for Maltese Passport through Investment
For you to be eligible for the Malta Citizenship by direct Investment, you must meet several obligations, namely:
- Be 18 years of age, or older. Eligibility may also extend to applicant’s dependents including the spouse or de facto partner, or a person with whom a relationship is held through a status which is the same as or similar to marriage, children, parents and grandparents under certain terms;
- Propose to make a contribution as determined in the section entitled ‘Contribution Fees';
- Provide proof that s/he has been a resident in Malta for at least 12 months preceding the day of the issuance of the certificate of naturalisation;
- Meet all the application requirements; and
- Commit to providing proof of residence in Malta and proof of title to a residential property in Malta in accordance with the program regulations.
The Malta government aims to attract only people of the highest of standards through the Malta Citizenship by Direct Investment and accord them Maltese citizenship. Applicants will be subject to due diligence scrutiny and expected to:
- Have a clean criminal record;
- Not have been denied a visa to a country with which Malta has visa-free travel arrangements; and
- Not be deemed a potential national security risk, have a reputational risk or are subject to criminal proceedings.
Holding two Acredited Agents Licenses INTEGRITAS is your partner for relocation services.
The Integritas Group is one of the top firms in Malta authorised as Approved agents by Identity Malta Agency (IMA) to submit citizenship applications and by the Malta Residence and Visa Agency (MRVA) to submit residence applications on behalf of applicants. The citizenship/ Individual Investor Programme (IIP) enables non-EU citizens to obtain a Malta (EU) Passport. The Malta Residence and Visa Programme (MRVP) enables non- EU citizens to obtain an indefinite residence in Malta. Other residency schemes allow EU and non-EU citizens to obtain residence in Malta at favourable conditions.
We provide personalised services that are tailor-made to the needs of our clients.
Contact us if you are interested in knowing about the application process along with your relocation options; for all the assistance needed.