The program gives an immediate right to reside in Portugal. After six years of residence, the applicant can apply for the Portuguese nationality.
Portugal Residence by Investment Cost
– Purchase of real estate – EUR 500,000 (this amount is decreased to EUR 350,00 if the property is more than 30 years old); the property can be purchased with 20% reduction (EUR 400,000 and EUR 280,000, respectively) if the property is located in low density population area.
– An investment of at least EUR 1 million deposited in a bank account – this amount of money can be further invested with a return.
– Capital Investment – EUR 350,000 (in research activities).
– Capital Investment – EUR 250,000 (in arts or reconstruction of national heritage projects).
– Capital Investment – EUR 500,000 (in investment fund or venture capital).
– Creating a company in Portugal – the employer must create 10 jobs.
Permanent residence is acquired within 6 months and citizenship in 18 months.